The Couples and Family Therapy (CFT) master's program is for people who want to develop advanced counseling skills and provide counseling services for individuals, couples, intimate partners, and families.
This program prepares students to become professional family therapists in preparation for licensure in any U.S. state that offers an LMFT license.
This program uses a cohort model, meaning students generally start together and graduate with each other.
Clinical supervision courses are small (1:7 faculty to student ratio), and we emphasize a non-competitive environment that places a high value on acceptance, cooperation, and respect for diversity.
Application at a Glance
You apply for admission through your program. Detailed instructions are available on the program’s website. The following are required for your application:
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
Program-Specific Application Requirements:
- CV or Resume
- Diversity Essay (replace "Anti-Racism Statement" with "Diversity Essay"
- Purpose Statement (replace "Statement of Purpose" with "Purpose Statement")
- Letters of Recommendation