Faculty conductors mentor a select group of graduate students through an integrated curriculum of academics, teaching, and performance.
The two-year master’s degree programs in choral, orchestral, and wind conducting are designed for experienced teacher-conductors to hone their craft.
In all three programs, a small cohort of graduate students works together in an engaging, challenging, and supportive environment.
Over the last 10 years, all graduates have either found music-related employment or progressed to prominent doctoral programs.
Application at a Glance
You apply for admission through your program. Detailed instructions are available on the program’s website. The following are required for your application:
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
Program-Specific Application Requirements:
- A preliminary audition recording
- Possible audition and interview following review of preliminary recorded audition.
- Recent concert or recital programs you have conducted
- Scholarly writing sample
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- WIND ENSEMBLE CONDUCTING ONLY: List of repertoire rehearsed/conducted.