Postbaccalaureate Graduate Status
Students in this status have been admitted to the Division of Graduate Studies but not to a degree program. This is a non-degree-seeking classification.
A postbaccalaureate graduate student does not have a declared major and cannot earn a graduate degree while so classified.
Do not apply for this status if you wish to pursue a formal graduate degree program.
- Student Type: Applicants considering postbaccalaureate graduate status may wish to consider two other University of Oregon student types – postbaccalaureate undergraduate and the Community Education Program. These options may be a better fit for your interests. Please reach out to the Division of Graduate Studies if you need help deciding what option is best for you.
- Students interested in the pre-health postbaccalaureate program should apply for postbaccalaureate undergraduate status.
- Cost: Postbaccalaureate graduate students pay full graduate tuition and are not eligible for financial aid.
- Transfer of Graduate Credit: If you take courses as a postbaccalaureate graduate student and are later admitted to a University of Oregon master’s program, you may request to transfer a maximum of 15 graduate credits into your master’s degree program.
- Applicants who need a student visa to enter the United States are not eligible for this status.
UO Application Requirements
Additional Application Requirements for Postbaccalaureate Graduate Status
As part of the application process you will be asked to submit a statement of purpose. The statement of purpose should be no longer than one page and should outline your interest in pursuing graduate level postbaccalaurate study.
Instructions to create an account for a postbaccalaureate application:
- If you have already applied for a UO graduate program for admission in 2023 or later, log in via the returning users section. If you have not, create an account as a first-time user.
- In the "Program of Study" section of the application select "Post Baccalaureate Graduate" for the Degree Level and "Post Baccalaureate Graduate Student Status" for the program.