Advertising and Brand Responsibility
Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS)
School of Journalism and Communication
Fall Term: February 1
This program may accept applications after the posted deadline on a space-available basis. Refer to the program’s website for more details.
The School of Journalism and Communication's advertising master's program welcomes graduate students who are interested in making the world a better place. Graduate students in advertising want to raise the bar for brand communication.
Our students want to work for an organization that's committed to finding solutions to the world's pressing problems.
In our one-year graduate program, you’ll learn how to use strategic communication skills to guide strong brands in areas like sustainability, privacy and data protection, social justice, and diversity.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Define brand responsibility
- Analyze consumer concerns about societal issues
- Design effective brand responsibility strategies and campaigns
- Recognize brands’ responsibilities to society beyond economics
- Develop solutions that use critical, conceptual, and creative approaches
Application at a Glance
You apply for admission through your program. Detailed instructions are available on the program’s website.
UO Application Requirements
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement for International Applicants
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
Program-Specific Application Requirements
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Resume or CV
- GRE (UO Institution Code: 4846)