Master of Arts (MA)
College of Arts and Sciences
Fall Term: January 5
MEDIAN TIME TO DEGREE
The global studies master of arts program offers an interdisciplinary MA degree in global studies for students who contemplate careers in international affairs, international development, diplomacy, international organizations, or domestic organizations with an international focus.
The two-year program is on the quarter system. Three terms (1 year) is equivalent to two semesters.
The degree program can be tailored to meet the unique professional needs of each student. In close consultation with a faculty advisor, the student develops a program that combines expertise in a specific professional area with interdisciplinary training in global studies.
Areas of professional concentration include:
- Comparative development
- Cross-cultural training
- Cultural arts
- Food and food systems
- Gender and development
- International community development
- International education
- International tourism
- Non-profit management
- Public policy and planning
Concentrations in other professional areas can also be arranged.
Application at a Glance
You apply for admission through your program. Detailed instructions are available on the program’s website.
UO Application Requirements
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement for International Applicants
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
Program-Specific Application Requirements
- Either a GRE or a 7,000-word writing sample (UO Institution Code: 4846)
- Higher TOEFL/IELTS than UO minimums
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose