* A master's degree is only attainable as part of the doctoral program, not as a standalone master's degree.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Charles H. Lundquist College of Business
Fall Term: January 5
MEDIAN TIME TO DEGREE
The Lundquist College of Business doctoral program in management trains students to become researchers and educators in strategic management with a focus on technology, innovation, entrepreneurship, and sustainability.
Students have unsurpassed intellectual freedom. Program faculty are open-minded to the pursuit of novel research questions, approaches, and contexts.
The program requires students to create sound theoretical arguments, gather unique datasets, analyze them rigorously, and consider managerial implications.
Students are expected and enabled to make a real contribution through both publishing and teaching.
Application at a Glance
You apply for admission through your program. This program has two separate applications, the University of Oregon application and a department application. Detailed instructions are available on the program’s website.
UO Application Requirements
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement for International Applicants
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
Program-Specific Application Requirements
- GMAT or GRE (UO Institution Code: 4846)
- Higher TOEFL/IELTS than UO minimums
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample