The School of Music and Dance’s renowned program in jazz studies is one of the most exciting new jazz programs in the country, and boasts outstanding performing ensembles including three big bands, a jazz guitar ensemble, a Latin jazz ensemble, and multiple combinations.
The comprehensive curriculum includes courses in:
- Performance practice
- Repertoire study
- Arranging and composition
- Program planning and development
- Studio instruction
Application at a Glance
You apply for admission through your program. Detailed instructions are available on the program’s website. The following are required for your application:
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
Program-Specific Application Requirements:
- Jazz Composition and Arranging emphasis only: two representative scores and recordings of arrangements and/or compositions for jazz ensemble.
- Preliminary audition recording
- Second round audition, if selected from preliminary audition recording.
- Statement of Purpose
- Scholarly writing sample
- Three letters of recommendation
- Recent concert or recital programs
- Repertoire list
Master of Music (MMus)
School of Music and Dance
Fall Term: Final Deadline - December 10