Students in this status have been admitted to the University of Oregon but not to a degree program. This is a non-degree-seeking classification intended for students who wish to take graduate level coursework without earning a graduate degree. Students in this classification may apply either as unclassified (no major) or to a specific non-degree major (e.g., licensure programs).
Do not apply for this status if you wish to pursue a formal graduate degree program.
- Transfer of Graduate Credit: If you take courses in this status and are later admitted to a University of Oregon graduate program, you may request to transfer some of your credits to a master's or doctoral program.
- Other enrollment options: Applicants considering this status may wish to consider two other University of Oregon student types:
- Postbaccalaureate undergraduate: For students pursuing a second bachelor's degree or only intending to take undergraduate coursework.
- Non-Degree Seeking: Formal admission is not required for this status.
- Visas: Applicants who need a student visa to enter the United States are not eligible for this status.
Application at a Glance - Unclassified (no major) option
As part of the application process you will be asked to submit a statement of purpose. The statement of purpose should be no longer than one page and should outline your interest in pursuing non-degree-seeking graduate level study.
Instructions to create an account for a Admitted Graduate Non-Degree application:
- If you have already applied for a UO graduate program for admission in 2023 or later, log in via the returning users section. If you have not, create an account as a first-time user.
- In the "Program of Study" section of the application select "Admitted Graduate Non-Degree" for the Degree Level and "Admitted Graduate Non-Degree (Unclassified)" for the program.
Final Deadline - May 27
Final Deadline - August 27
Final Deadline - December 10
Final Deadline - March 4