The Division of Graduate Studies offers a variety of ways to orient yourself to campus and connect with the UO community.
How to access the online orientation:
- Receive your formal offer of admission from the Division of Graduate Studies. This formal offer of admission is issued via email and contains your UO ID and Personal Access Code (PAC). You will not be able to complete the next steps until you have received your formal offer of admission.
- Navigate here to claim your Duck ID. Your Duck ID will be your login credentials for most services at the UO.
- Navigate to community.uoregon.edu.
- Input your Duck ID and password.
- Click “Graduate School Orientation” on your Dashboard.
GTFF Introduction and Insurance Information
- Online September 21, 2021 at 1:00pm, Join using this link
Graduate Student Pre-Welcome Events: Online Presentations & In-Person Student Mixers
- Online Pre-Welcome Presentations for International Students
- Session Registration: Please register for the sessions using this link.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, September 13, 12pm Pacific
|Tuesday, September 14, 9:00 AM -10:00 AM|
International Student and Scholar Services
|Wednesday, September 15, 10:00 AM|
Teaching Undergraduate Students Workshop by the American English Institute
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their concerns and learn ways to create an interactive and engaging class environment. Through interactive activities, international grads will increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence for teaching and working with undergraduate students. A panel of experienced UO international GEs will offer advice and answer questions.
- In-Person Student Mixers: Monday, September 20, EMU Green Area
- Please RSVP for the events using this link.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, September 17th, 12pm Pacific
- Topics: Panels of graduate students will share experiences that helped them survive and succeed in a new environment and obstacles they faced in settling into Eugene. The panel will also share their experiences from the last few months of living through the current pandemic.
11:00- 1:00 PM
|Students with Families|
|2:00 PM -3:00 PM|
|3:30- 4:30 PM|
BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) Students
|5:00 PM- 6:00 PM||LGBTQ+ Students|
International Student Orientation
- September 20 & 21, schedule available through International Student and Scholar Services
Please note that new Graduate Employees must complete the Required Graduate Employee (GE) Trainings.