Access and Training
In addition to the trainings below, we also welcome requests for individual or small group trainings, invitations to present to departments, and suggestions for future training topics.
To request or suggest a training, please email the Division of Graduate Studies.
Guide to GradWeb Modules
|GradWeb Module||Request this access if you…|
|Online Application for Admission||Process admissions applications for your program|
|Application for Advanced Degree||Approve applications to graduate|
|Doctoral Processes||Approve Advancement to Candidacy, Dissertation Committees, and Oral Defense Applications|
|On-Leave||Approve on-leave requests for your program|
|Training Grant||Process GE appointments for students paid through training grants|
|Awards||Submit award nominations or materials for recruitment or current student awards|
GE payroll request forms are processed electronically through the DuckDocs document management system.
Payroll hire documents such as I-9s and W-4s are completed by departments and sent directly to payroll.
DuckDocs (Used to submit a PRF to hire a GE)
Payroll Hire Documents for GEs
Payroll hire document (EIF, W-4, I-9) is submitted by departments directly to payroll.
Information and Training
- GE Hire Documents
- Contact payroll to set up individual or group trainings
- Monthly I-9 Employment Eligibility Workshop
- Monthly International Hire Paperwork Workshop
DuckDocs GE Workflow Access and Permissions
In order to submit ePRFs through the DuckDocs GE workflow, the following two steps must be completed:
DuckDocs Business Application Access: Request access for a DuckDocs account from Information Services (requires dean or department head approval)
Request GE Workflow permissions. Email the Division of Graduate studies with requested permission level (1) or (2) and org for which you will submit and/or approve.
- Submitter: Prepares and submits ePRFs on behalf of unit
- Submitter/Approver: Approves ePRFs on behalf of unit. (All approvers have submitter permissions)
Email the Division of Graduate Studies for access to training videos, which provide an overview of graduate admissions policy and procedure as well as GradWeb user training. New graduate coordinators who are involved in the graduate admissions process are encouraged to view these recordings. After viewing the recordings, please sign up for an upcoming Question and Answer session to introduce yourself and get answers to any outstanding questions you may have.
Upcoming Question & Answer Sessions:
- February 3rd, 3-3:30pm, via Microsoft Teams RSVP Here
- March 3rd, 3-3:30pm, via Microsoft Teams RSVP Here
- April 1st, 11-11:30pm, via Microsoft Teams RSVP Here
Academic Policy and Procedure
- Individual meetings with graduate coordinators scheduled upon request/approval of GradWeb access for the following module(s):
- Application for Advanced Degree
- Doctoral Committee
- Advancement to Candidacy
- Oral Defense
- If you would like training on academic policies and procedures but do not need GradWeb access, email the Division of Graduate Studies to schedule a meeting