The GE hiring process begins in the hiring unit with GE selection.
After a GE has been selected, an payroll request form (PRF) is submitted electronically by the hiring unit via the DuckDocs GE workflow system.
The PRF is reviewed and approved by the Division of Graduate Studies.
Once the Division of Graduate Studies approves a PRF, a notice of appointment is issued to the GE. The PRF is forwarded onto payroll for final entry into Banner.
Additional hire documents must be sent directly to payroll.
Details of each step are below:
Step 1: Announcing the Position and Selecting a GE
To ensure that you are announcing your GE position and selecting/appointing your GE in accordance with established guidelines, please review the following before getting started:
UO-GTFF Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article 17 Appointment and Reappointment
The appointment procedures defined in your unit's General Duties & Responsibilities Statement (GDRS)
Recruitment guidelines from the Office of Human Resources (optional, but particularly helpful if you plan to employ an interview process)
GE positions that are open to graduate students in any major (such as Institutional Priority GE positions, positions in academic units for which non-majors are eligible, and open pool positions in academic units) must be posted on the Division of Graduate Studies website.
To post your position, you should submit a GE announcement for Division approval through this website.
The following information is required:
- Position Title
- FTE or FTE range (e.g., .30-.49)
- Appointment terms (e.g., winter and spring 2021)
- Job duties/responsibilities
- To post multiple specific assignments or provide additional information, you may provide a link to your own website or to a PDF on your website in this section
- Preferred qualifications
- While graduate students in any major may apply; you may cite specific majors as preferred in this section
- Application procedure
- An application deadline date that ensures posting for at least 10 working days
- The contact person's name, physical address, e-mail, and telephone number
Your ad will be approved and posted or you will be contacted for more information.
Step 2: Submitting the Payroll Form (PRF) to the Division of Graduate Studies via DuckDocs
- Request DuckDocs Access
- Log In to DuckDocs (see user guide for step by step instructions)
- DuckDocs PRF User Guide
- More information about submitting PRFs
Step 3: Send Hire Documents to Payroll
PRFs are processed by the Division of Graduate Studies as received
To ensure timely processing, please submit PRFs by 5:00 pm on the following dates:
Term Deadline Spring 2022 Second Friday in February - February 12, 2022 Summer 2022 Second Friday in May - May 13, 2022 Fall 2022 Third Friday in July - July 15, 2022 Winter 2023 Second Friday in November - November 11, 2022 Spring 2023 Second Friday in February - February 10, 2023 Summer 2023 Second Friday in May - May 12, 2023
- Appointments cannot be fully set up until payroll receives complete and accurate hire documents. Payroll documentation deadlines can be found on Payroll's website. The Summer 2022 payroll documentation deadline is June 7, 2022. The Fall 2022 payroll documentation deadline is September 8, 2022.